In Baccarat, the goal is to predict which of two hands, the “player” or the “banker,” will score closer to a total of 9. Here are the basic rules for playing Baccarat in a Las Vegas casino:
- A game of Baccarat consists of two to three cards dealt to the “player” and the “banker.”
- The value of a hand is determined by the sum of the point values of the individual cards. Face cards (kings, queens, and jacks) and 10s have a value of 0, aces are worth 1 point, and all other cards are worth their face value.
- If the total value of the hand is a two-digit number, the left digit is dropped. For example, a hand consisting of a 7 and a 6 would have a value of 3 (7+6=13, and the left digit is dropped).
- The player hand is dealt first, followed by the banker hand.
- If either the player or the banker has a total of 8 or 9 (a “natural”), the game is over and that hand wins.
- If the player has a total of 6 or 7, the player must stand and the banker hits on a total of 5 or less. If the player has a total of 0-5, the player must hit and draw another card.
- The banker follows a set of rules to determine whether to draw a third card. These rules depend on the value of the banker’s hand and the value of the player’s third card (if drawn).
- The winner is the hand that has a total closest to 9.
Here are a few strategies you can use when playing Baccarat:
- Bet on the banker. The banker has a slightly better chance of winning, so this is a good bet if you want to minimize the house edge.
- Bet on the player. This bet has slightly worse odds, but it pays out at even money, so you can still come out ahead if you win.
- Bet on a tie. A tie bet pays out at 8-1 odds, but it has a high house edge, so it’s not a good bet in the long run.
- Use a betting system. Some players use betting systems like the Martingale, which involves doubling your bet after a loss, to try to recoup losses and come out ahead. However, these systems can be risky and may not work in the long run.
I hope these rules and strategies help you as you play Baccarat in Las Vegas casinos!
BOOK NOW !